I was simply nothing
When I came into this world
But whatever I am now
I owe to mother earth
A mother who gave me shelter
A mother who gave me food
A mother who nurtured me
A mother who gave me love…
But never asked to pay back
She always welcomed me
With the same warm smile
She always granted my wishes
Without any query or wile
As she had been doing
For years and years…
But I, the selfish human
Betrayed her faith
I became selfish
Played a foul game on her,
And burgled all she had,
Leaving her on her own
Leaving her helpless
When it was my turn
My time to pay back
All the love she showered on me…
But I never felt guilt
And she never questioned…
But she still smiles the same way;
Her arms spread to welcome me
Barring my treacherous acts
Barring all the harm that I caused…
But now I realize,
How ruthless I was,
But now, it’s not only me,
As there are numerous me’s’
And they’re imitating me
The same treacherous acts
Harming her further
But she’s still smiling
I pleaded to her,
What can I do,
To repent the harm I did
To which she humbly replied,
“You realized your fault,
Now you need not repent, my son,
And I’ve forgiven you
For all the harm you’ve done…”
No comments:
Post a Comment